Friday, July 16, 2010

out of the blue

I sit on a cliff overlooking the turquoise waters of Boston Bay at Great Huts in Port Antonio, Jamaica.

I await the sunrise at 5:00 in the morning.

I stare at the horizon in anticipation of the sun's dramatic arrival.

I close my eyes for a moment of pure meditation and deep breathing.

I open my eyes to find a white dusty ball placed precariously in midair above the waters. No strings are attached.

The sun appeared to me as an "out-of-the-blue" experience even though I had been watching and waiting for its debut forever.

"I expected a more fiery sun," I said to my young friend who had encouraged me the night before to experience the morning's early dawn.
"Every sunrise is different," she stated.

All of them, I realized, come "out of the blue."

No comments: